Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

BRING BACK SIZE 14

I was chatting with my friend Jamerson recently about my new plus size project. Here's a little tidbit from our convo.

Jamerson:
"I went into a JCrew (women's) the other day and was trying to find a shirt in a 14 and the sales associate said "Oh, we've stopped carrying them in that size in the stores but they're available online". And okay, fine, I bought it online but getting sized out is a bad feeling and one that I'm facing more and more lately. It makes me so frustrated on so many levels.
PS I'm pretty sure I need to lean how to sew some fucking jeans, eventually."
Me:
"You've got to be kidding me! What the fucks up with that?"

Being sized out is beyond frustrating. Why, when the average woman is not a size 0 or 00 are there so many options in those sizes? Can't we have both?

Now seems to be a time where attitudes are changing.

With bloggers like Nicollete Mason and Gabi Fresh who are body positive (and so much more!) and when Vogue magazine, (yes VOGUE) does a lingerie shoot with plus size models, is JCrew taking away size 14 in stores?

Wake up JCrew!

What are your thoughts?!
xx
Jessica


2 comments:

  1. I think retail stores are being ridiculous right now. I wear a size 12 petite and like jeans with stretch so the only place I've really found any to fit how I like is the Loft. When I went in a few weeks ago, the salesperson tells me that's a weird size and to try online. Um, thanks for calling my body weird and what if I want to be able to walk out of a store with clothes that fit rather than have to wait 3-5 days? Doesn't sound like a crazy idea to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so beyond anything that seems to make any sense at all!! And no your body insn't weird!! Those comments make me wanna go all 3rd grade style and be like, "well you're dumb" But seriously, if a company's goal is to make money wouldnt they want to cater to all?! Luckily there are a few who are catering to all sizes and I do think it will begin to change!!
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Xx

      Delete