Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

2015


2015. I can't believe it's over.  It was a big year. 
Left LA for NYC. 
Stopped doing hair. 
Started my plus size company Liebling and Burke. 
Lived with one BFF and her fam. 
Drove across country with another BFF. 
Started a body positive instagram page @ignoretheshould. 
Traveled. 
Rachel and I got engaged. 
I mean so so so much happened in 2015. 
I totally neglected this little blog space of mine. 

With all of the change this year, I have at times felt a bit overwhelmed. Admitting that is pretty tough for me. I definitely am someone who is competitive and a no bullshit kinda attitude when it comes to working for something you want. I don't accept being overwhelmed very well. I get annoyed that I can't handle it all. 

That being said, I am now in NYC, "jobless" and working solely on Liebling and Burke and @ignoretheshould, and picking this blog up by its boot straps. Filling my days with Libeling and Burke and hunting for the new pieces for the shop has been exciting and frustrating. I really want to design, but with my budget thats not an option at this point. Sourcing clothes is something I will always do, but out of 1,000 shirts I may find 1 that I believe is good enough to offer the Liebling and Burke girl. Plus clothing is still really frustrating. I want to have the best pieces to offer girls. 

In Feb Rachel and I are traveling to Palm Springs for our friends wedding. I will get to see my friends who I miss dearly, and spend the weekend in Palm Springs. We will definitely be needing that by Feb since were expecting a massive snow storm to hit NYC tomorrow. 

Now I am off to the thrift store to search for an outfit to wear for the wedding.
xx
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment