Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

DESIGN COLLECTIVE FOR EVANS AT LONDON FASHION WEEK

THIS WEEK IN FASHION


Exciting times in fashion this week! Design Collective for Evans showed in London making it the first  plus size show at London Fashion Week! It seems that these designs are a little more in line with what women are looking for compared to what some of the other retailers are offering. Well, at least a little more of what I'm looking for. I could definitely mix these in with a few thrift store finds. The beige sparkley dress with moto boots is my jam. I'm dying for the Balenciaga Ceinture boots, but I would be totally happy with the Jeffrey Campbell Roscoe! I love the blue crop top paired with the floral skirt and pair of gladiators. 
Yesterday I read a few comments people were leaving about the show from different sources, many positive comments about the models and the clothes, but also negative comments about the models not being "real" enough in terms of their shapes. I can totally understand the frustration, but on the other hand, I'm excited to have options other than what we are all too often offered. I'm talking about the clothes that look like they were made for the club scene in 2003 (no offense to 2003, it was a great year!) or something from a grandmas Easter wardrobe. A lot of times its like those are your choices, have fun. Well, I will definitely be having fun mixing it up with a few of these looks!

You can catch the show here // DESIGN COLLECTIVE FOR EVANS SPRING SUMMER 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment