Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

MY SHOP - LIEBLING AND BURKE

 TODAY

 Today I'm sitting at my home away from home, The Line Hotel having coffee, trying so hard not to be overwhelmed. I'm in the beginning phases of opening a plus size shop (online, for now!) and am at the point where I know exactly what I want and want to do. But money. Man why is it always about the money. I like money, I like making it and I like working hard for it. (insert theme song: she works hard for the money! haha) But today my goals seem so far from reach. I have decided to try something I was totally against doing in the beginning. I'm going to launch an Indiegogo. (just like Kickstarter) to raise money for this dream of mine. Next month I film the video and will be going live with my campaign. I have to say I'm super pumped about the chance to spread the word about Liebling and Burke, and more importantly pumped to raise money to be able to bring current, well thought out, plus size clothes to the table.
 I have been so over, for pretty much my whole life, plus size retailers, (except for a few) who just don't get it. And honestly, in my opinion who don't want or even try to get it. Like the "new" line from Target, Ava + Liv, um, no thanks. Just because you got some of my fav plus size ladies in your campaign doesn't mean I can't tell you just slapped a new name on your plus size line. You have all the same lame options you did before. Not impressed. I want to change this. I am the person who gets what we need. What we want. I want to dress girls and make them feel badass because they are. I want to pull people out of "well, its not that cute, but it fits, so I should get it" mentality. I want to offer so much more.
So Indiegogo here I come. I know that no matter what I will find a way to do this. It's my dream and its going to happen.
xx
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment